Shia LaBeouf Arrested in New Orleans During Mardi Gras Altercation

Hannah Price

February 17, 2026

Shia LaBeouf being escorted by New Orleans police officers in handcuffs during Mardi Gras celebrations following his arrest on simple battery charges.

New Orleans, United States- Actor Shia LaBeouf was arrested early Tuesday in New Orleans after police said he struck two men during Mardi Gras celebrations, according to law enforcement statements and court records. Officers responded shortly after midnight to a disturbance at a Royal Street business, where the 39-year-old was allegedly behaving aggressively. He was later taken into custody and charged with two counts of simple battery.

Police said a staff member attempted to remove LaBeouf from the establishment after he caused a disturbance. Once outside, he allegedly hit one man multiple times with closed fists and later punched another man in the nose. Witnesses reported that bystanders restrained him until officers arrived.

Authorities said LaBeouf was transported to a hospital for treatment of unspecified injuries and was arrested after being released. Court and jail records did not list an attorney able to comment, and representatives for the actor did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

The incident occurred during the culmination of the city’s Mardi Gras festivities, following reports that LaBeouf had been visiting bars across New Orleans in the days leading up to the arrest. Some bartenders and patrons described him as belligerent during the weekend, according to published accounts.

LaBeouf has previously spoken publicly about struggles with sobriety and has faced prior legal issues, including earlier arrests and a 2020 lawsuit filed by singer FKA twigs alleging abuse. He denied wrongdoing in that case, which was settled in July 2025.

He is scheduled to appear in court in connection with the latest charges as Mardi Gras celebrations conclude in New Orleans.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE BLOG POSTS